by David Nkenchor on 21 October 2018
I will stand upon my watch, and set me upon the tower, and will watch to see what he will say unto me, and what I shall answer when I am reproved. And the Lord answered me, and said, Write the vision, and make it plain upon tables, that he may run that readeth it. For the vision is yet for an appointed time, but at the end it shall speak, and not lie: though it tarry, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry. (Habakkuk 2:1-3)
The Vision And I
From Habakkuk 2:1, the words “stand upon my watch and set me upon the tower” imply that to hear GOD on the matter of “the vision” you MUST:
- Withdraw from the low, mundane, carnal and outer courts, and strive to ascend and abide in a higher, spiritual, heavenly and the holy altitude where dependence is solely on the Lord (Deut. 1:6, Ps. 48:1-2, Ps. 3:4). Ps. 3:4 says “I cried unto the Lord with my voice, and he heard me out of his holy hill.”
- Recognise that on this mountain, only the pure in heart can access (Psalm 15)
Lord, who shall abide in thy tabernacle? who shall dwell in thy holy hill? He that walketh uprightly, and worketh righteousness, and speaketh the truth in his heart. He that backbiteth not with his tongue, nor doeth evil to his neighbour, nor taketh up a reproach against his neighbour. In whose eyes a vile person is contemned; but he honoureth them that fear the Lord. He that sweareth to his own hurt, and changeth not. He that putteth not out his money to usury, nor taketh reward against the innocent. He that doeth these things shall never be moved. (Psalm 15)
Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God. (Mt. 5:8)
To watch to see what the Lord will say unto you, having attained the above, you MUST:
- Come to terms that it only comes and is sustained by Faith – Heb. 11:1
- Be careful and intentional in waiting and observing or beholding what and how the Lord answers. Is. 40:31, Psa . 123:2, Micah 7:7 (NLT)
- Realise that He answers by His word, leading and impression in our spirits, interventions, providence, handful of purpose, etc on daily basis and be on the lookout.
- But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord (2 Cor. 3:18)
To behold, the attitude of faith (patience and perseverance) is of indispensable essence. Jn. 20:1-17, Heb. 10:35-37
With the above premise and in fusion with God’s time (kairos), we receive His saying (word, leading, convictions, or any other means as He pleases) in our spirits (Rom. 8:14). Pro. 23:18 says, For surely there is an end; and thine expectation shall not be cut off. Prov. 24:14 So shall the knowledge of wisdom be unto thy soul: when thou hast found it, then there shall be a reward, and thy expectation shall not be cut off.
The Nature of The Vision
- It is activated and operated by faith and defies all oppositions – Hab. 2:4, Heb. 11:6; 1 Jn. 5:4, Jn. 16:38
- It has to be documented (written, drafted, casted) for purpose of imprint on the mind and reference – Rev. 21:5, Ex. 17:14, Pro. 3:3b;7:1-3
- It is not confined or restricted to the original recipient
- Though received in the present, it is trans-generational in nature and MUST outlive the first recipient. – Ps. 22:30, Mal. 3:16, Ps. 145:4 (NIV), Is. 38:19 (Msg.)
- It involves and births partners and future generations that run with and bring it to full fulfilment –Joel 2:28, Ps. 127:5, 2Thess. 2:6.
- The entire scripture expresses this and will run till His Lordship is restored.
- There is a tarrying/waiting and beholding time between receiving the vision and the speaking thereof – Psa 27:14, Heb. 11:39
- As it transits between generations, it gets clearer and amplifies, and requires being in the Spirit to recognise it. Eccl. 7:8, Ezra 3:11-12
- At certain junctures in life, people, events and circumstances would make it seem like the Lord has forsaken the vision and ‘the waiter’, and this could deflate one’s zeal. Just hold on to Him. Abraham, Joseph,
- The Lord God determines when is the end, so just focus on the commission is. Ps. 37:5-7b,
- In the end / time-appointed (kairos) it will fulfil itself unto the glory of or Lord God, vessel irrespective (Isaiah 55:10-11). So be on guard and be in tune always so as to fulfil Heb. 10:5,7