by Pastor Dave Nkenchor
12 August 2018
Divorce is defined as:
i – the legal ending of a marriage by a court or other competent body
ii – a separation, the ending of a relationship btw two things
iii – separate or dissociate somebody/something from somebody/something typically having undesired effect
iv – separation of a person, an idea, a subject et.c from somebody/something
v – a separation between thins which were or ought to be connected.
Separation, di-vision, estrangement, alienation, severance, schism, split, (gulf or chasm as in Lk. 6:26 (Amp)
FOCUS ON DEFINITIONS ii – v in the THREE (3) different phases of our Christian journey / walk.
FATHER ABRAHAM – A Case in Study (Mt, 25, Titus 2: 11, 12, 14,13, Col. 3: 1-3 (Msg)
- SIN / UNGODLINESS UNTO SALVATION IN CHRIST (Gen. 12-13)
Rom. 3:23-25; 6:23; John 3:16-17
- THE FLESH / CARNALITY (PROCESSED CHRISTENDOM) UNTO THE MISSION TEST FOR GOD-DEPENDENCE(Gen. 14-22:18) vs. 15 / John 15
Mt. 17:1-8 (The transfiguration)
- Divorce from religious routine, old wine, yester manna, churchialism, yester in-fillings,
- @ this stage over-dependence on past glories and patterns becomes dangerous andcounter-productive. “Initiative Becomes Presumption Except Cleared By the Holy-Spirit” – Pastor Afolabi Oladele.
- Divorce at this stage involves the interplay of high spiritual discipline, deep emotions and resolve, leaving us with glorious scars/memories that strengthens our path – Phil 3:13, 2Cor. 12:7-9
- Sometimes, it involves temporary or permanent departure from established Godly relationship (church, family, brethren, mentors, protégés, et.c), conquered grounds, celebrated feats, in order to break new grounds and conquer new territories.
Gal. 5:16-21,. Rev. 18:4; 4:1. Rom. 8:1,4-8,13-14,35-39; 6:6-14
- This divorce takes us unto higher grounds where ONLY FAITH (Hab. 2:4) becomes the tool for survival. 13:2
- at certain points in our lives, we must heed the call to divorce the indelible yet elementary stage of Christianity in order to attain higher grounds – 6:1-3 (Msg.)