By Pastor Noel Abdullahi (preached 18 Nov 2018)
There is an urgent need for miracles that can no longer ignored – Wayne Jackson
Sow to yourselves in righteousness, reap in mercy; break up your fallow ground: for it is time to seek the LORD, till he come and rain righteousness upon you. Hosea 10:12
Miracles follow the plough – A. W. Tozer
What does the world need?
• The world does not need our programmes, church policy and practices, doctrines of men and a form of godliness but no power.
• The world needs miracles.
I need answers
• Can we, as genuinely spirit-filled believers, continue to allow the enemy to make progress with his counterfeit brand of healings, miracles, signs and wonders?
• Is the darkness in the world too great or is our light too dim?
• How long do we ignore the commands of our Lord to heal the sick, cast out devils and save the lost?
• Are we doing what Jesus commanded or are we waiting for the right time?
Beware of Modern Day Pharisees
One of the greatest enemies to your miracle is a modern day Pharisee
They are scholars of the law who did not lack the knowledge of the law, however they lacked the POWER to execute it
They love tradition and the status quo (Mark 7:9,13; Matthew 23:13-15; John 10:38)
One thing is sure:
When they see the mighty miracles of God, they will believe on him (John 2:23)
What is a miracle?
An event or action that apparently contradicts known scientific laws and is hence thought to be due to supernatural causes
Biblical equivalent is in Mark 10:27
How are miracles performed?
God performs miracles through people (those who are saved)
With our permission God uses our body as a channel through which the miracles will flow
We are His living portals of expression to the world
And it came to pass on a certain day, as he was teaching, that there were Pharisees and doctors of the law sitting by, which were come out of every town of Galilee, and Judaea, and Jerusalem: and the power of the Lord was present to heal them. Luke 5:17b
The word which God sent unto the children of Israel, preaching peace by Jesus Christ: That word, I say, ye know, which was published throughout all Judaea, and began from Galilee, after the baptism which John preached; How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him. Acts 10:36-38
And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven. Matthew 16:17
Far too often we try so hard to find a miracle that we end up overlooking the most obvious one of all – THE MIRACLE WITHIN US!
Step out in obedience – it’s time to walk on waters!